Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Feria for the Tuesday

Dear Fathers, Brothers, Sisters in Christ,

Wisdom 2:23–3:9
 Psalm 34:2-3, 16-17, 18-19
 Luke 17:7-10



When a police officer or fire fighter saves someone's life, often people call them a hero. It's not uncommon, however, for that person to say, "I was only doing my job."

 That sentiment is echoed in today's gospel, when the servant says to the Master, "We have done what we were obliged to do."
 That is a good example of how we are to serve Our Lord. Do what He commands us to do. Any less would be wrong.
O Lord, help me to be your good servant. 

 Let me learn how to obey you and do what you command,
 So that, at the end of my life here on earth, I'll hear You say,
 "Well done, good and faithful servant."

 

Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Bendigo
Australia