Saturday, August 2, 2014

Reflection on a Winter's night

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

It is  a cold winters night in this part of the world, Australia and I am sitting down at the computer to pen a few words to reflect on prior to our Sunday. 

During the last week, I found blogging hard. This is due to the all the disasters, the wars, all going around us. You must admit that it has been a terrible week.  With all these happenings in mind people will once again ask:"Lord , how long before you come again and make all things new and wash all our tears away. Others when they interpret the Gospel below think that the end must be really near. 

You will no doubt recognize this portion as it is read during Advent.  I would admit that with the turmoil the world is in in mind, that one cannot help asking the question. 

During His time on earth Jesus always made it clear that no one, except the Father knows the day of the Son coming again. I would say it wont be long , but as a mere mortal I cannot measure the time as such. What I can do and what you can do is to be prepared to meet Him, because He will come like a thief in the night. Whilst God still gives me some time and grants you some time we can re-dedicate our lives to Him. To those , who area reading this blog and dont know the Lord Jesus as yet , there is still time to dedicate your life to Him, Who gave up His life , so that you might live. 

If you are keen to dedicate your life to Christ and want to talk about it e-mail me or use the phone number on the blog. I can promise that your life will never be the same. 


Father Ed Bakker 
Anglican Catholic Church/Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo 
Australia