Monday, November 10, 2014

Feria for the Monday

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

Titus 1:1-9
 Psalm 24:1b-2, 3-4ab, 5-6
 Luke 17:1-6




The Apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”

Do you have faith? 
 Most of us have some faith, but few of us have enough. 


 Perhaps we're like the Apostles in today's gospel. They had faith in Jesus, but they knew it was not nearly enough. So they asked Him to increase their faith. We can do likewise. 

 Faith is a gift from God, but it is a gift we can ask for. In fact, Jesus wants us to ask Him for more faith. 



O Lord, increase my faith! 
 Give me more faith today. 
 I need faith in You, Jesus, to live as Your follower. 
 I cannot call myself a Christian without faith in You. 
 And I need more of it, Lord! 
 Even a little faith the size of a mustard seed will be enough. 
 I trust You will supply it to me, O Lord, my God!
 Amen.


 Father Ed Bakker 
 Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
 Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
 Bendigo Australia