Saturday, May 9, 2015

On the Saturday ( after Easter 4 )


Dear Fathers, Friend in Christ, 

Acts 16:1-10
 Psalm 100:1b-2, 3, 5
 John 15:18-21



Make no mistake about it; we are at war with the evil one! We are being persecuted in many places around the world. This is an age where our brothers and sisters in Christ have been tortured, humiliated and killed for Christ. Even though where you are right now, as you read this, there may be peace, remember that there are others who are in dire circumstances because they profess faith in Jesus, the Son of God.

 We cannot say that we were not warned. Jesus tells us in today's gospel, "Because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you." And again, "If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you."

 So today, let us pray for strength for ourselves, that we may not abandon our faith in Christ, and for our brothers and sisters throughout the world, that they may be strengthened also.



O Lord, 
 You chose me to come out of the world to follow You and to be Your own. The world hated You, persecuted and killed You. I can expect the same hatred and persecution from the world, and perhaps even martyrdom. Lord, You know how weak I am! Please give me the faith and strength I need for today. And help my brothers and sisters in You as well. I pray this in Your holy name, Lord Jesus. Amen.



 Father Ed Bakker 
 Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
 Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
 Bendigo, Australia 



No comments: