Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday in the Octave of the Ascension

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

Acts 18:23-28
 Psalm 47:2-3, 8-9, 10
 John 16:23b-28



Jesus told His apostles, "whatever you ask the Father in my name He will give you."

 He was speaking to us as well. As disciples of Jesus, we too are privileged to make requests in His name.

 The name of Jesus is holy. It is not to be used lightly. So when we pray in Jesus' name, we must do so with great reverence and care.

 Yet, we also pray in the joy and freedom that is ours as children of God. Jesus tells us to "ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete."


Father God, 
 I come before you as your child and as a follower of your Son Jesus.
 I come to You now, to ask __________. 
 I request this, O God my Father, in the holy name of Your Son and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
 Amen.


 Father Ed Bakker 
 Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
 Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
 Bendigo in the Central Goldfields 
 Australia 




No comments: