Friday, July 17, 2015

Feria on friday 17 July 2015 - The cost of discipleship.

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

Saint Matthew 12:1-8

Before going to sleep last night, I opened up my Anglican  Breviary and read the text where the book opened. I often do this as I believe that the words I read are what the Lord wants me to reflect on. Last night I read about discipleship: Jesus tells us that we cannot become disciples of our Lord unless we pick up and carry our cross. In times of ease and comfort it is easy to proclaim for the Lord, yet the true test of our Faith is when in times of darkness and despair, we still abide by our Lord and trust in His providence and His special plan for each and every one of us. Discipleship can be a dark and lonely journey, often unpopular and at odds with the world, but when we put our hope and trust in Jesus, the weight of our burden is lightened.

 Let us not forget that Jesus has a plan for each of us, a plan designed to bring us to salvation. Today, let us ask the Lord to send His Holy Spirit so that we may have the strength and wisdom to discern His plan in our lives and work continuously to see it fulfilled. 

 Amen!

 Father Ed Bakker
 Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
 Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
 Bendigo Australia 

 Link to our Diocesan website 



No comments: