Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Search me O Lord and try me !

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

Search me, O LORD, and try me;
test my soul and my heart. 
Psalm 26:2 

I recall how my grandson liked to test my love for him years ago. " If I turned into a wasp," he asked, " would you still love me?"
I said " I would not hug you, but I would still love you".
"What if I did not shower for a year?" " Same thing." " What if I stile something?" " Well I would not love what you did, but I would still love you."
 "Why?" "Because you're you."

He was  trying to find the weak spots in my love for him -to see if the skyscraper will collapse if he took   out the right brick. Don't we do that with God too? We wonder if God finds us lacking when he shines a light into the dark corners of our hearts. But nothing there surprises God. He knows us through and through, in all our weakness and vulnerability. He knows our faults and our gifts as well. He knows us completely and loves us just as we are--not because we are perfect, but because we are his. 

Father Ed Bakker,
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo
Victoria
Australia 

No comments: