Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Feria on the Wednesday - 14 October 2015

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

'Called to Love' 

There is no partiality with God. 
Romans 2:11 

I recently overheard part of a conversation between two ninth graders. "I don't judge," one of them stated. The other replied, "I do. I judge myself." I don't know what they were discussing, but I was fascinated to hear such an honest acknowledgment about the ways that human judgment impacts our lives.

The truth is that, whether we are judging another, being judged by another or judging ourselves, such patterns of human behaviour are not actually helpful to anyone. Still, they are ordinary and frequent. How often do we expect things of others that we can't live up to ourselves? Do we establish high standards for others but then not offer them any assistance or help to meet our expectations? Scripture reminds us that God offers the grace and strength we need to change and to become the helpful, interconnected family of faith that we are called to be. 



Father Ed Bakker, 
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo in the central goldfields, Australia 

No comments: