Monday, November 23, 2015

Saint Clement

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

...she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood. 
Luke 21:4 

When I was very young , I always put a folded-up note in the collection basket each Sunday morning at Mass. 
It was folded up in such a way, that you could not see the denomination of the note, which was so well, but at the time I only had the pocket
money my parents gave me on a weekly basis. I guess that I was ashamed that I gave so little. 


These days, my finances are much improved. But I remember that time--and the story of the widow's mite--as I plan my charitable giving for the coming year. I've learned that God repays us a thousandfold when we're willing to be a bit pinched to help his people. 

Father Ed Bakker, 
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo in the Central Goldfields 
Australia

No comments: