Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday after Passion Sunday


Dear Fathers,Friends in Christ, 

'Lighting the Way' 

Lenten Weekday 

I am the light of the world. 
John 8:12 

Light! Such an immensely powerful element. No wonder Jesus described himself as "the light." How quickly I become habituated to hearing this description, so much so that I forget the stimulating dynamism this divine light offers for my spiritual growth. Light does not consist simply of a metaphor when Jesus uses it to describe himself. His Spirit is light, a transforming presence capable of changing my inner realm as fully as sunlight activates and sustains the planet's external life through the process of photosynthesis. Divine light motivates my ability to grow spiritually when I am open and receptive, when I am available to receive what will enable my interior growth, much like an apple tree awaits the beams of sunshine to bring it into leafing, blossom and fruit. When I remember how much the light of Christ influences my inner being, I can give myself in trust to this energizing presence and be transformed by the radiant light of his enlivening presence. 


Father Ed Bakker, 
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Launceston, Tasmania 
Australia 



No comments: