Sunday, March 6, 2016

The fourth Sunday in Lent - Laetare ( rejoyce)

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

''At All Times'' 

Fourth Sunday of Lent  - Laetare  ( rejoyce )

I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth. 
Psalm 34:2 

Early in life, my mother taught me to pray the Morning Offering. One sentence of the prayer states we are to offer to God all our "prayers, works, joys and suffering of this day." My mother explained that I would always be offering my little gifts to God by these many different ways to pray. I learned especially to pray by telling God about my joys, and I wanted to receive more joys to offer to God. It seems to me that many people offer prayers about their sorrows more than the joys of their lives. We should not assume that praying about our sorrows make us more religious than our gifts of joys. We know that both joys and sorrows will influence our attitude and help us present our quality prayer. We can bless and love the Lord at all times by the prayers, works, joys and sufferings--whatever they may be.

Have a good week !

Father Ed Bakker 
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Launceston, Tasmania 
Australia  

No comments: