Friday, September 2, 2016

Feria on the Friday - trust in the Lord Jesus and He will act.

 

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ,

Psalm 37:3-4, 5-6, 27-28, 39-40

Let's return for just a moment to today's  Psalm 37,
going back to verse 5:

Commit to the LORD your way;
trust in Him, and He will act.

When you commit your way to the Lord, you put Him in charge. You give Him your trust, and then, you watch for Him to act.
When we do this, we can proceed with courage and be at peace about what is ahead.

When we're sincerely trying to please God, He will honour that intent, either by letting us go in the direction we choose, or - if we have gone unintentionally off the right path - He will set us straight!

This verse can give us the courage to go forward, trusting God to help us to continue on, or to correct our course of action, if that is what's needed.

O Lord,
Sometimes I'm afraid to go forward because I'm not sure which way is right. Give me the courage, Lord, to commit my way to You today. Then give me the grace to trust You as I proceed about my day. I trust you, Lord, to act, and to show me if I'm doing right, or to correct me if I'm wrong. So either way, by trusting You, I can take the next step forward today. Amen.

Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston on Tasmania
Australia


No comments: