Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Feria on the Wednesday - Sanctus,Sanctus,Sanctus

 
Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ,
 
He said to them, '"When you pray, say: 

 Father, hallowed be your name"' (Luke 11:2)
 
 Abba, Father God, Holy Creator of my soul, Shaper of my body so marvelous in design, You created me from nothing!
 
 At the depths of my being I sense an abyss of nothingness, a dark emptiness that You fill with Light and Love.
 
 Without You, I am nothing. Only in You do I "live and breathe and have my being," ensconced in a shroud of Love, a divine immensity that lifts my soul into a song of praise for all eternity:

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus,
 Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
 Pleni sunt caeli et terra gloria tua. Hosanna in excelsis.
 
Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston on Tasmania
Australia

No comments: