Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Our Spiritual home on earth

 


Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ,

This picture "room with a view'  I "borrowed" from Bp Lindsay Unwin's twitter page
@LindsayUwin  and I hope he does not mind that I did. As I was an altar server at Christ Church Brunswick from 1991 until 2001 I have lots of other photo's of my former spiritual home.

I still love my former spiritual home and will never forget the many, many meaningful acts of worship I was privileged to participate in. I used to drive to Christ Church from Ringwood where I loved and turning into Glenlyon Road I could see the tower of the Church in the distance. Often the words " I was glad when they said unto me, we will go into the house of the Lord" I am sure that Bp Lindsay feels the same way about this Holy Place like I do , but I realized that after leaving Brunswick so many of us do without this glorious feeling on the Sunday morning and go without  the meaningful act of worship they would like to participate in. That feeling is missing in this city of Launceston too, but thank God that through my Ministry as ACCOP Missioner I
can still bring the Catholic Faith to folks in their homes or folks in hospital. I am keeping the Faith and sharing it.

A number of changes have been made since I left Christ Church. Fair enough. As long as there is an inward change in the Parish too , i.e. that we really love one another, that we really reach out to one another , so that every newcomer feels that he or she is truly part of the family of God. I wish Bp.Lindsay every blessing for the future at Christ Church, Brunswick.

Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston on Tasmania

No comments: