Monday, June 15, 2015

Feria for the Monday

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 

'Taking Action Now' 

Behold, now is a very acceptable time. 
2 Corinthians 6:2 
St. Paul tells us salvation isn't off in some far-distant future, but a present reality permeating all things.

If that's so, why don't I act so? During a meeting, an unspoken agreement is being made to blame a certain person; I know better but don't speak up. At church, I see a solitary woman weeping in a back corner; my heart is moved to go over to her, but I stay seated, eyes straight ahead, looking at the sanctuary. Now is the acceptable time to act, to speak. If I wait for the easy moment, the certain moment, I wait in vain.

Paul shows the Corinthians how to look beneath the surface, touch the inner reality and let it come to life. Each of us has that opportunity and responsibility. We can encourage each other to act on this inner truth, in tiny ways and in great. 


Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic  / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo Australia 

No comments: