Saturday, October 3, 2015

Feria for Saturday 3 October 2015



Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ, 


I give You praise, Lord of heaven and earth,
 for although You have hidden these things
 from the wise and the learned,
 You have revealed them to the childlike. 
(Luke 10:21)

 A very holy woman once gave me this advice: "When things are too complicated for you, when you don't know what to do, get down on your knees and talk to God like a little child." 

 I have done this. It works.

 Why? Because it puts me in the right position before God - on my knees. And when I come before Him like a little child, He can help me better.

 When we are childlike before God, we are dependent upon Him, and we are humble. That shows us the reality of whom we are - and Who God is. That pleases God, because it opens the door of our hearts, so He can touch us.


O Lord, 
 help me be childlike with You. 
 Show me how to be little and humble. 
 Don't let me be too proud 
 to get down on my knees before You, 
 and talk to You like a little child talks to a parent. 
 I know that I won't understand everything in this life, Lord,
 but I know that You will help me with everything. 
 I trust You for this, Lord. 
 And I thank You. 
 Amen.

Father Ed Bakker 
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo in the Central Goldfields 
Australia 



  





No comments: