Saturday, June 23, 2018

The Vigil of the Nativity of Blessed John the Baptist

My Friends,


On Sunday 24 June we celebrate the Solemnity of the nativity of Blessed John the Baptist. Of very few Saints we do celebrate the birthday. The Church gives us this feast day of the birth of Blessed John the Baptist such as this one with a meaning.
So why is this day so important for all of us ?



The birth of Holy John the Baptist is a Holy remembrance of the fact of needing someone in our life to be born:
.Who jumps for of joy in the presence of God, Who will bless my own relationship with Jesus, that I may live this out with more love and devotion.
.Someone, who prepares the day of the Lord and teaches me about my redemption through the forgiveness of my sins.
.Someone, who pulls me away from temptations and judgements, thus may I look upon the Lamb of God as the sole desire in my heart.
.Someone, who is a role model for me. To teach me that there is no greater love in my life then Jesus becoming more important and me, miserable sinner becoming much smaller. This effects the trust in myself, the priorities I set and my selfishness.
.Someone, who is a burning and glowing lamp, which lights my path and encourages me, so that I want to care for others.
.Someone, who is dedicated to the truth in such a way, that he is prepared to give up his life for the Word of Truth made flesh.
In this way I will be convinced that only real happiness can be obtained by giving of yourself.



Through God's mercy, the dayspring of our redemption has broken in the birth of Holy John the Baptist.


A blessed feast day!

Father Ed Bakker,
Anglican Catholic Church/Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston
Tasmania
Australia








No comments: