Sunday, November 18, 2018

The Twentyfifth Sunday after Trinity

My Friends,

The Gospel 
St. Matthew xxiv. 23. 


 THEN if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

As within a few weeks we shall be entering into the Holy Season of Advent, it is a good thing to reflect on this Gospel message, which was chosen for Trinity XXXV ( are running out of Gospel messages of the Trinity season. )


I was born and baptized as an Old Catholic and became an Anglican when moving to New Zealand and later to Australia. Changed some 10 years ago from Anglican to Anglican Catholic / Original Province, because I could no longer accept the modern teachings of the Anglican Church of Australia and also New Zealand. Overal during the years of my life I have not been plagued by false Christ's arising,because I have been extremely faithful to the Churches I served in. There has been a short period years ago when the family was devided because members going to the Pentecostal Church and the goings on there I could not accept.
I need to remain alert as per Saint Matthew's Gospel message of today, using The Holy Bible and Catholic Teachings of the Church Fathers as my guide. Also I need to invoke the Holy Spirit that I remain faithful to the Holy Catholic Church.

Next to false Christ's and false signs and wonders there have been many false Prophets in the Church of England, that is why I am what I am and that is why our Continium will need to grow and grow. I know that if I endure, I shall be saved. (Matthew 24:13 King James Version (KJV)
Lets celebrate Christ's birth by all means, but lets be ready when Jesus reappears on the clouds of Heaven.

Amen

Father Ed Bakker,
Priest and Missioner
Anglican Catholic Mission of St Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston
Tasmania
Australia

No comments: