Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Feria - the Lord is my Shepherd


Dear Fathers, Brothers, Sisters in Christ,

Isaiah 25:6-10a
 Psalm 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6
 Matthew 15:29-37


 
The Twenty-third Psalm is generally thought of as a psalm to comfort the dying. It reminds them that some One capable and kind is in charge. It provides a reassuring image -- verdant pastures, restful waters, a place of repose.

 It isn't just the dying, though, who need and long to be comforted, but also those in the middle of life's other many challenges. For them the words of the Twenty-third Psalm are just as effective.

 Memorize them. Pray them -- over and over as if a little tune is playing in the background.
 They are meant just for you -- and for me!

The Lord is my Shepard.
 I shall want for nothing.
 Nothing shall I fear.
 I shall dwell in the House of the Lord,
 all the days of my life.


Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Bendigo Australia