Thursday, April 28, 2016

Feria on Thursday

 


Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ,

If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love,
 just as I have kept My Father’s commandments
 and remain in His love. (John l5:l0)

 
 He has given us His laws to live by and has even summed them up for us in the two great laws: Love God and love your neighbour! What could be easier to understand?
 But does that include the person who has wronged me, the one who cuts me off in traffic, the one who . . . ? And the list goes on. It is easy to love the nice guy, but we're called to be lovers of the unlovable! ALL of the above. Everyone!
 Human nature is weak and cannot be strong unless we utilize the power of God within us. With the strength of the Holy Spirit, we can see people as God sees them, we can love as God loves and we can forgive as our God forgives. Then we will
know the joy of Jesus, and we will have a perpetual song in our hearts proclaiming His marvelous deeds to all whom we meet.

O Lord God,
 please always put a song in my heart,
 a song that is one of praise for Your name
 and for all that You do for us.
 Let me teach that song to all people
 who come my way.



Father Ed Bakker,
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston on Tasmania
Australia
 
 

No comments: