Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Church and politics

Dear Fathers, Friends in Christ,

Most Priests and Ministers do not get involved in politics or elections. But in my view because we as Priests are called to do the work of Christ, Who always cared for the sick and suffering and those, who often, through no fault of their own are at the lower end of society, I feel that it is my duty , because in my work I get involved with the sick and the suffering to endorse Ross Hart, who I have not met , but through Vanessa , a labor party support, whom I met today, heard a lot about, who stands in this forthcoming election as the labor candidate for Bass. Give him your support.

This election is about  the ruling party going to make the rich richer and the poor poorer , without proper Medical facilities, proper Education. The liberal party's policy is a policy of fear for many people in this society. In other words even before this election this are already suffering and living in fear. This is just not right.
I encourage fellow Priests, Ministers and those in Anglicare  ( Anglican Church of Australia ) to speak up for what is right , this is my challenge to you this evening.

Lets pray therefore that God will guide the Australian people to make a decision on election day that would really benefit all people of Australia, not just the rich, but also the poor.

Father Ed Bakker
Anglican Catholic Church / Original Province
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne
Launceston Tasmania
Australia




No comments: