Sunday, February 9, 2014

In times when your life is at risk / wanneer je leven in gevaar is



Dear Fathers, Brothers , Sisters in Christ, 

I live in Central Victoria , Australia and today has been a day of very high temperatures, a strong wind and extreme fire risk.We started of with some local fires this morning and my wife and I decided to go and stay a few days with friends. We packed all the belongings we could take and drove down the Calder Highway.
Fortunately my son in law phoned me to warn me that there were uncontrollable bushfires on the way at Gisborne and the Police blocked the highway to Melbourne. We got home safely again. 

Today a number of people lost their houses , but so far no lives were lost. Lets pray to our God for cooler weather and the wind to die down. Lets pray for the safety of all God's children and also for all Policemen and Firemen, who give more than a 100% of themselves to fight to protect us. 





Lord, have mercy upon us. Amen. 

Father Ed Bakker 
Anglican Catholic Church/Original Province 
Mission of Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne 
Bendigo 
Australia